Monday 14th January, 2019-A family member of the young man who was allegedly electrocuted last year has spoken out about the stress they are experiencing.
In an emotional social media post that has been viewed more than two thousand times, Natasha James who is said to be a sister of the deceased related that since Shawn Warner’s death in November, they cannot plan a funeral as his body has not been handed to the family.
She says it is taking a toll on the family who just wants closure.
James says the family is demanding answers and they believe the police are drawing out the matter. She says what they have made to endure is unfair.
Warner said to be in his 20s was allegedly electrocuted, when he came in contact with a fence in Jolly Harbour where he worked.
The Management of Caribbean Development (Antigua) Ltd has expressed sympathy and concern at the passing of Shawn Warner on its premises, but noted with confidence that their premises are safe to the general public.
Family members reportedly met with police officials today after Warner’s sister spoke out in the video. However, the details of the meeting were not revealed by the police.